For Highpool in Wasteland 2 see: Highpool (Wasteland 2)
Highpool is the first location (after the Ranger Center) that the Player will explore in the game. It is a small town suffering from a water shortage on account of a broken water purifier, which requires an engine from the Rail Nomads to repair. Originally a children's camp, the town has a problem with juvenile delinquency.
Find the cave in the southwestern corner between the 2 trees along the western wall by using Perception and rope, kill the rabid dog, Rex, and rescue Jackie, who will become the party's first NPC. Bobby is also in the very southwest corner of Highpool.
If you kill the Chubby Kid, an enemy named Red Ryder will appear. He is quite tough, but if you beat him he will drop a loot bag. If you grab that loot bag, Highpool will turn into a barren valley, and its doctor will vanish.
- Community Center
- Juveniles outside Community Center
- Red Rider
- Ask Bobby about Cave, Rex, Jackie
- Use Rope between 2 tree on the West
- Slip in the river, Juveniles appear and then Red Rider
- Shop at the store
- Open locked room, Juveniles appear
- find items
- Rex (Rabid Dog or Spiked Mut)
- Use Match at cave entrance, Rex turns from a Rabid Dog to a Spiked Mut
- Use Climbing skill
- Kill Rex
- Rescue Jackie