Backed Wasteland 2 - or getting it with Eternity - and want Beta Access? Until the end of january you can get beta access for $10.
However, if you’ve been a backer, there is a change in the rewards… Specifically the Novella’s..
- Michael A Stackpole’s novellas look like they may, or may to happen.
- Instead Stephen Blackmoore will be writing “All Bad things”, which dovetails into one of the cults found in LA.
- Additionally Nathan Long will be writing a novella. You might know him from from several Warnahammer novels, and his work on InXil’es other current project, Torment:Tides of Nunmenera.
- Chris Avellone as you may remember was working on a novella…. Now he isn’t. But its not bad news, he’s writing a NOVEL instead. This does mean it will be de…
Over on Nukapedia - The Fallout Wiki, we took a look at the Wasteland 2 Beta. You can see the recording of our live broadcast here:
We'll be starting again from Ag Centre next sunday from 2200 GMT, 1700 US eastern. Feel free to join us for the live shenangigans.Read more >
InXile Entertainment have released their first gameplay video on Vimeo. Sadly as its not on Youtube I can't embed it, but you can see it for yourself here. It includes Chris Keenan playing part of the Agricultural Centre.
Brian says it all better than I can....
- We are very proud to provide the first gameplay video of Wasteland 2, which will allow our backers to see how far we've come and how everything is coming together. The usual way of doing things in this industry would see us create a demo specifically for displaying to the press or at game shows, but we're very glad to have been allowed the freedom to create a demo video from an actually playable area, which ensures there's no wasted code. This is a straight video capture of Developm…
Here's your weekly news roundup, in conjunction with Nukapedia: The Fallout Wiki.
Brian's been talking again... This time to IndeRPGs. Most of the news isn't new, but this bit was interesting....
- ...Obviously some skills are going to be used more than others and I think those are quite obvious. No doubt the Medic skill will be used more often than say Toaster Repair or Rocket Science. However it is a party based game so there will be a natural balancing that comes about unless you give all 4 characters the exact same skills. But that said we also reward people who pick some obscure skills to reward them for the tradeoff. But the reward may not come easy… you may have to discover it.
Thanks to George/Lizzunchbox at Wikia for setting up the Com…
Read more >
Our Good friends at Wikia Gaming have secured an opportunity for you to ask your questions to Chris Keenan, Producer for Wasteland 2. If you have a burning question about the new game, or Inxile Entertainment, please leave your question here. We'll be submitting a dozen or so to him on Thursday, and reporting back to you the answers.
Agent c 20:06, June 19, 2012 (UTC)
I've submitted a dozen questions to Chris and am eagerly awaitng his response. For the questions I've asked I've for the most part drawn inspiration from the suggestions submitted, although there are a couple I have asked directly.
For some of the questions, I didn't ask as they seemed to be covered in The vision Document - its a great read if you haven't seen it alre…
Read more >