|Welcome to my talk page. Please leave a new message at the end.|
Thanks for contributing! I just made you a sysop here too. Ausir 00:13, 26 February 2009 (UTC)
Subpage convention Edit
While I generally appreciate your edits, I disagree with the subpage convention you introduced. I'd rather have the articles at e.g. Highpool, not at WL/Locations/Highpool. IMHO this convention maybe made sense before the category system was introduced in MediaWiki, but since there are categories, there is no need to also categorize articles in their page names. I know that some wikis do use conventions like that, but I'd prefer to follow the conventions of my Fallout Wiki here as well. Ausir 21:38, 26 February 2009 (UTC)
- I have to agree with Ausir. Wikia's category system is flexible enough to accomodate categorization into games. That Furry Bastard 21:43, 26 February 2009 (UTC)
New skin Edit
I responded your message on my talk page. I will create and upload all the animated Gifs, over the next couple of days. We just start needing to make pages for each. I am no expert on Wasteland, but I will try my best. - Dude101
Ahh, I see there was some naming convention. I am not sure which Gif goes under each of you names. I am going to finish making the rest of them now.
All done :) well at least that is all I have. Now lets start some pages. - Dude101
Before I go mental and start creating hundreds of new pages, are we happy with this template? are we missing anything? as an example please check:
We also need variants for Humans, robots and cyborgs - Dude101
Yeah I was using that as a reference. The only thing I am unsure of it the Group section. That must refer to the amount of enemies encountered at anyone time I guess. I'm gonna take time out from this for now. I need to get back to writing for MR. - Dude101
Ad free Edit
Hi! Would you like this wiki to be ad-free? I'm looking for wikis to be part of a new program which would remove all ads from the wiki for $19.95/month.
Question, I made a large number of edits before making an account. Is there an easy way of moving credit from the IP address I used to my acct or do I just need to re-edit to gain credit?
Roy Batty 16:03, December 21, 2010 (UTC)
Reply from my talk page... Edit
- Hi Sxerks: that's done, you and Roy have bureaucrat rights. I also removed Ausir's rights to make it clear that he is no longer involved in admining the wiki.
- I agree with you on forks, it's always sad to see it happen - but I still believe in the decision to create Wikia as an openly licensed project, even with the downside of forks. Either way, we'll continue to support you on this wiki, and I'm happy to discuss any part of this in detail with you. You can use the contact form (just include my name to get it to me) or we can talk via Skype or Wikia chat if you prefer. Just let me know :) -- sannse (help forum | blog) 00:17, March 3, 2012 (UTC)
Hi, this is Ausir, I would appreciate if my edit to my user page was not reverted, as I am no longer a bureaucrat here, nor is fallout.wikia.com The Vault any longer (and nor am I admin there). While I have been banned by Wikia from further contributing to this site, I would appreciate if you either restored my last edit to the page, or deleted the page altogether.
Ausir's user pageEdit
- Hi Sxerks. Apologies, I deleted Ausirs userpage without noticing you had also been asked to do that. If you want to restore it, that's up to you, but I'd say it's likely easiest to just leave it gone. -- sannse (help forum | blog)
Hi, have you checked out the new version of the navigation? You can turn it on and off via Special:WikiFeatures. It will give you an extra level of navigation, and a smoother look to the navigation bar.
- Yep, I know about the new nav, at this point in time it is a bit too much though. I have to relook at the really needs to be in there.
- I was look into a new BG. That one is interesting, a little big (KB) and not tall enough for fixed scrolling. I'll play around and see what I can figure out.--Sxerks 22:25, March 7, 2012 (UTC)
Request partnership Wikia's Fallout WikiEdit
Hi there! I am Jspoelstra, bureaucrat of Wikia's Fallout Wiki, Nukapedia. I congratulate you with an exciting new game coming up and wish you the best of luck making this wiki a great resource of information. And I've come with a great news! We'd like to offer you a partnership/affiliation with our wiki. For several years already the Wasteland wiki is our sister wiki. Your link can been on our mainpage, at the bottom. But we'd like to make it more official, with a partnership and larger exposure for your game. As you will know, Wasteland is the predecessor of the Fallout games, so there's definite relation. Our idea is placing a linkable Fallout Wiki/Wasteland Wiki affiliation logo on our main pages (as for example seen on the Mass Effect Wiki). We can also add your wiki to our menu of Fallout games. In our view, we can both benefit from this. We are an established wiki with tens of thousands of viewers every day. Them seeing your link on our main page will give your wiki a high profile and will the attract the so important visitors and of course editors. We will probably lose some, but we're in between games and it's most tidying up at the moment. We want your wiki to become successful, and if it does, we will eventually also profit from it again, with the Fallout name and background there. What do you say, shall we team up? Jspoelstra
- It's done, Sxerks. I've added the affiliate template to our wiki, to the main page portal as well as to the Fallout: New Vegas portal. That should give you some good exposure. And I've added your wiki to our menu of Fallout games. Thanks for the co-operation, should work out well for us both! Jspoel 17:49, March 9, 2012 (UTC)
And I've changed the Wasteland sister wiki icon image to the Wasteland 2 boxart one.
500 Pages! Edit
Hey there. I haven't played wasteland in a long time, but am willing to contribute. If you need anything, let me know!For NCR 21:16, May 1, 2012 (UTC)
Hi there Sxerks, i am Smish34, Admin of the Metro 2033 Wikia. I Am here to request affiliation. Both of the games have the Post Apocalptic theme. Hopefully there can be some crossover with our respective users sp that we can both benefit. Although i have not been on this wikia before, i do intend to come here more often in the leadup to Wasteland 2 and when the game is released next year. I hope you can accept this affiliation request.
Thanks Smish34 22:23, June 29, 2012 (UTC)
Re: Welcome Edit
Sorry for the picture of the gas mask, good night